A list of what I am thankful for.
Around this time of year people will make rambling lists of what they are thankful for. Some lists are fun, listing technology or my adorable cats!, while other lists are serious, I’m thankful for each breath . Barf. This short list is a collection of both.
I am most thankful for:
- Mascara. Without it I would look like a troll.
- Cats. I will never be truly alone as long as I have cats.
- My parents never-ending will to help me out. Obviously my apartment would be unfurnished if it weren’t for them.
- My friends. I can’t be hard on myself when these people willinglywant to spend time with me.
- Sex. Without this act occurring on a semi-regular basis I would question the purpose of life.
- Allergy medicine. I can snuggle kitties ALL the time because of this miracle drug.
- Pandora. Christmas music all year round, 24/7.
- Velvet hangers. My plus-sized clothing will never slip off hangers again!
Obviously I am thankful for life, water and food. Everyone is. What matters most to me in life is being happy. Sure some of the things that make me happy are materials but that doesn’t mean I’m materialistic (I SO am). Why do people get so bent out of shape, feeling guilty, when admitting what makes them happy? Honestly, why? If your cell phone makes you happy and makes your life easier then be thankful for it! You’ve worked hard for your money, spend it as you see fit.
I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving this year. Now time to start spreading the holiday cheer!